Everything You Need To Know About Ongoing JAMB’s UTME
For the sake of those who are yet to sit down to write their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) 2019 Computer-Based Test (CBT) conducted by Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), this article convey the answers to your queries.
Obiaks News believe that as a UTME Candidate, it is important that you know some of these basic facts in other to be aligned in the proper direction and know exactly what you are in for.
CBT is the administration of an examination using a computer. This format is flexible in that the test can be taken at different times and in different locations.
CBT centres are located in all the thirty-six states of the Nigerian federation and the FCT.
Below are the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About JAMB CBT.
1. Are Computer-Based Tests secure?
Yes. The extensive computerized encryption systems make breaking into the test virtually impossible. Also, test centres make it very difficult for candidates to bring in unauthorized materials.
2. How friendly is the CBT to candidates?
The CBT has been specially designed to provide the necessary atmosphere for the optimum performance of the candidates in terms of layout and simplicity of the questions on the screen. Similarly, moving from one question to another is achieved at the click of the Mouse Button or the movement of the “Arrow Keys”.
3. Should I bring the e-slip printout to the testing centre?
Yes. You should bring the original of your confirmation printout to the centre.
4. What do I do if I need to reschedule my examination?
If the need arises, you should contact the SERVICOM office at JAMB, National Headquarters Bwari, Abuja.
5. How do I start the test?
You are expected to first key in the registration number into the computer and click on NEXT. You are to read and follow the instructions that come up. Now, click on START EXAM.
6. How do I key in my answers on a Computer Based Test?
Answers to questions may be entered into the computer in either of two ways. You may key in answers by clicking on the option you believe to be the answer or typing in the letter of the option. Answers are recorded directly into the computer.
7. May I review my answers or skip questions and answer them later when taking a Computer Based Test?
Yes. You may review and change your answers after they have been entered into the computer during the examination or after you have attempted to answer all the questions before final submission.
8. How do I know the time I have spent on my examination?
The time will be displayed on the computer screen during the examination.
9. May I bring food to the test centre?
No. Food is not allowed in the test centre.
10. May I bring my mobile cell phone to the test centre?
No. Mobile phones are not allowed in the test centre.
11. May I bring a notebook to the test centre?
No. Notebook or other textbook materials are not allowed in the test centre.
12. May I bring a calculator to the test centre?
No. You will be provided with one on the examination day.
13. If there is a power failure would it affect my timing?
No. There will be power back-up with alternative power supply and your test will return to the exact place where you stopped. All questions are saved upon answering them.
14. How do I end the test?
When you have answered and reviewed all the questions, you would be required to click the “END” button. Another box will ask you to confirm that you are ready to end the test. Once you confirm that you want to end, the test will close and you will not be able to regain entry.
15. Would there be any break during the examination?
No. There is no break between the tests.
16. Can I practise taking the Computer Based Test before the actual administration?
Yes, you can practise taking the test as often as you wish by taking the PRACTICE TEST on JAMB website (www.jamb.gov.ng/) practice-test at no cost to you.
17. How can I get more comfortable with CBT before taking an examination?
You can get further practice tests of JAMB past questions on the purchase of an e-card.
18. How quickly will I receive scores?
Step 1: Go to JAMB UTME e-Registration Portal: https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility
Step 2: Enter your details (correct email address and password), log in and click on the box “Check 2019 UTME Examination Results”.
Step 3: Your exam score will be displayed or show “You Do Not Have Any Result Yet.”
Some candidates will first receive their results via the email and their mobile numbers used for the exam registration.
Note: Should you see the message “You do not have any result yet”, don’t panic. Most candidates who have written their exams one to three days earlier are expected to see their results online. Just keep checking.
19. Will there be audio-visuals on the Computer Based Test?
That depends on the test being taken. If visuals contribute to the test, they will be shown on the screen with the text of the questions or in a separate window.
20. Is knowledge of computer programming necessary to take a test on the computer?
No. The test administration program only requires you to be able to use the mouse or keyboard to answer questions. Moreover, there will be a mouse-practice session on JAMB website.
21. How early should I arrive at the test centre?
You are expected to arrive as early as 6:00 am for the biometrics verification exercise.
22. What if I am late for the testing appointment?
If you arrive after thirty minutes (30mins.) into the examination, you will not be allowed into the testing centre.